Friday, November 9, 2012

Baby room



When we moved into our forever home I decided to paint my daughter's room with a giraffe theme, I searched the net and didn't find many ideas that were geared towards soft baby themes so here is what I threw together...

I painted her entire room a soft lavender and then I used one wall as the accent wall where I then used the Gobi Dessert paint color from Home Depot to add in the spots. I found it was best to start with a piece of paper and practice drawing the spots until I was comfortable, and believe it or not it was worth it. Notice that the spots have soft edges and are somewhat more square than circular in shape. I then drew the spots on the wall in groups at a time and went back and filled them in once I thought they looked nice.
 On the opposite wall I used a wall decal from etsy Janey Mac that was a mother and baby giraffe in the sage green color and then once I received the decal in the mail I took that to Home Depot and used that to match accent paint colors for her dresser, book case and bought sheets to match.




No comments:

Post a Comment