Friday, October 19, 2012

Crockpot Cheesy Chicken Tacos

I found this recipe on mychocolatetherapy.com for crockpot chicken so I made it, however as usual when I go to make tacos we have no taco seasoning so here is my take and it's awesome!!

1 jar of mild salsa (or temperature to your likeing)
2 thawed and trimmed chicken breasts
1 jar of black beans
1T paprika
1T cumin
1t garlic powder
1t black pepper
1cup of mozzarella cheese

Pam crockpot (make it easier for cleaning later)
Mix salsa, chicken, spices and black beans in crockpot and stir with a spoon. Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4-6 hours on high.

5 minutes before serving mix in 1cup of mozzarella cheese

I also cooked a side of yellow rice.
Top with your faves


1 comment:

  1. So I have a thought for left overs... taco dip! layer is a pie pan or aluminum pan cream cheese, chicken taco mixture and top with cheddar cheese, head in microwave or oven until bubbling.

    ReplyDelete