Thursday, October 18, 2012

Chicken Sliders with Berry Butter

In the spirit of adjusting recipes, here is one of my latest... My husband and I went to Nashville, TN for a wedding (which was great) and the wedding party hosted a dinner at The Whiskey Kitchen . I ordered the chicken sliders and knew after the first bite I would be recreating this as soon as I got home... so here is my take! I know the Whiskey Kitchen used 3 dipping sauces, I paired my recipe down to one and replaced the blackberry with grape jelly for pure convenience. You most surely could use blackberry jam which gives the butter a pretty color. Also I am not sure how they cooked their chicken.

Prep: 20min
Cook: 15min

Chicken Sliders:
1cup flour
2T parsley
2T paprika
2t garlic
2t pepper
2 chicken breasts, thawed and trimmed
2T olive oil
2 eggs 

Biscuits:
I am most often in a time crunch so I use the Pillsbury Homestyle Biscuits 8 per can, if you are motivated you can use the Bisquick recipe on the box. 

Berry Butter:
1/3cup butter
2T grape jelly
1T clover honey


Heat oven to 350* (for biscuits) 
Heat olive oil in a large skillet, pound chicken to 1/8 inch and cut into 4 equal slider sizes per breast. Mix flour, parsley, paprika, garlic and pepper into bowl. Beat eggs in separate mixing bowl. Cover chicken pieces into flour mixture, then dip into egg mixture and re-cover with flour mixture.

Place biscuits in oven now!! (follow directions on can)

Place chicken pieces in large skillet cooking until golden brown on both sides and juices run clear (about 5-7min per side)

While chicken and biscuits are cooking in a serving bowl mix butter, jelly and honey.

Here is the fun part! 
To serve slice biscuits in half and place a chicken slider on one half of the biscuit. Slather chicken with jelly butter mixture and cover with top biscuit.

I served these with green beans that I had sauteed in butter and fresh minced garlic.
Happy eating!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment