Saturday, April 2, 2016

Cookie Cake for an A**hole

Ok so my friends and I were FORCED into a birthday for a non-existent kid. 
There were 17 of us (children and adults) total and we wanted to go to an indoor water park in our area, we called to buy tickets and were told that they were not selling tickets for the day as it was historically a busy day, so they were only booking birthday parties. So what did we do? We booked a fake birthday party for a kid who didn't exist. Here is the cookie cake I made for the kid. 


Pre-Heat oven to 325*

10 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2¼ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ cup  chocolate chips or however much you want


I actually doubled this recipe as when I put it into a 14" pizza pan it was quite thin, however I made a batch following the recipe and then made a 2nd batch and added it to the pan, I would not recommend doubling the recipe and trying to fit it all into a large household bowl at one time unless you have the Terminator of all mixers.  

Line your pizza pan with parchment paper so that your cookie does not stick. 

Mix the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on low for about 2 minutes until it is a smooth consistency. 
In a separate medium bowl mix together the flour and baking soda. Add the dry mixture to your wet mixture 1/4 cup at a time, leaving 1 cup to the side. (I recommend the 1/4 cup at a time so as to not create a flour bomb in your kitchen).
Once the dry mixture is added with your 1 cup of dry mixture to the side, add in your chocolate chips. I find that if I wait until the end to add in the chocolate chips they don't get mixed well throughout. 
Add in the rest of your dry mixture. 

Spread evenly out on your lined pizza pan. Use aluminum foil to cover the edges of the cookie so that they do not burn. 

Cook for 20-25 minutes until your cookie cake is golden brown across the top, the cookie will continue to bake when you remove it from the oven due to the internal heat. 

Frosting:
Not gonna lie- I used canned, this kid doesn't deserve homemade, plus it was like 11pm when I made this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment